Serving as a dress drop location is an easy way to connect women in a practical, purposeful way. Invite existing friends and customers – and new ones – to drop dresses at your location. It’s quick; it’s easy; it’s impactful.
1. Select a date or period of time (week, month) and easy-to-find location where you will accept dresses.
2. Email your business name, date, and drop location to email@example.com. We will help promote your Dress Drop.
3. Create clear communication for event. Dress donations should be like new, from the last five years and donated in dry cleaning bags. You can see what types of dresses are most popular on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/twiceuponadress/photos_stream
4. Create your own social media presence (FB event) to share with friends and customers. Link your posts/event to www.thedressproject.org and use hashtags #thedressproject #DressDrop #reDRESS
5. Day of event, position a rack with hangers and signage for dresses to be stored during the drop. Print The Dress Project receipts to be handed to each donor. Be sure to snap a pic of a few donors with their dresses. Post pics on your own social media and tag The Dress Project, and or email pics to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. After the event, count the dresses and email email@example.com for shipping assistance. We rely on you (and your dress donors) to cover shipping costs. Package your dresses and ship them to the designated collection city or drop them off, if local.